ION Management Science Lab
Full Professor of Business Organization. He has taught at the Universities of Padua and Venice. He has held visiting positions at the Industrial Performance Center of M.I.T., the School of Management of the University of Michigan, Dearborn, and Universidad Deusto, San Sebastian. Various international awards include: Distinguished track paper, Quality Management and Lean Operations track, Decision Science Institute Annual Meeting, San Francisco 2012 (with F.Gerli). The Chris Voss Best Paper Award Honourable Mention for the European Operations Management Association-EUROMA Annual Conference, organized by INSEAD, Fointainebleau (with A.Furlan, P.Romano and A.Vinelli), 2004. Best Paper Award for the Knowledge and Learning Section of the British Academy of Management Annual Conference, organized by Middlesex University, London (with F.Gerli).
Alfonso Gambardella is Professor in the Department of Management & Technology at Bocconi University and at SDA Bocconi School of Management
At Bocconi he served as Dean of the Phd School from 2008 to 2014 and is currently Director of the Department of Management and Technology, in addition to teaching in graduate, executive and DBA program courses at SDA Bocconi.
His teaching and research activities focus on the topics of Innovation, Strategic Management, Technology Strategy and Entrepreneurship. He has published in leading international journals such as Strategic Management Journal, Strategy Science, Organization Science, Management Science, Strategic Management Review, as well as in journals oriented to the practical application of management theories such as Management Business Review.
He is editor of the Strategy Department of the journal Management Science, member of the academic board of ESMT-Berlin, Fellow of the Strategic Management Society (SMS), and Research Fellow of the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR) in London.
The lab's mission is to produce high-impact, timely and relevant management science research that enables companies and other research institutions to push the frontier of knowledge.
In addition, the lab attracts contributions from other disciplines to benefit from cutting-edge knowledge and methods relevant to management science.
The ION Management Science Lab aims to achieve collaboration involving a community of highly committed international scholars.
Attività di Ricerca
- Develop a portfolio of innovative research projects led by "entrepreneurial" research leaders to build a community of highly engaged international scholars.
- Define innovative ways of generating and collecting "big data" for management science research to support "experimental business theory" based on scientific decision-making: linking business problems with academic research capabilities.
- Become a venue for events (conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.) that generate a normative body of knowledge on decision-making in business, facilitating dialogue between business leaders and academia.
- Pioneering an innovative model to support large-scale investment in thematic basic research in management science.
- Expanding data science, computer science and cognitive science as tools to address important challenges.
- Relationships with new stakeholders of international relevance.